Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Please Translate

I don't speak or read Chinese. If you do, please let me know if the pretty picture below shows my name, Meredith, correctly. Somehow I traveled down a long and winding virtual road and ended up finding a Chinese name generator tool. It is fun to see what you can create; I just hope this shows my name and nothing obscene or embarrassing! Give it a try and let me know what you come up with. There is a cute panda bear choice but I went with this traditional looking tree branch. I'm hoping it is a cherry blossom which I really should be able to recognize since I've lived near Washington, DC my entire life! (I do realize that our cherry blossom trees in DC are from Tokyo, Japan and not from China.) The 2009 Festival will be March 28 - April 12, 2009; the Parade will be on Saturday, April 4, so as not to conflict with Easter weekend. Click HERE to learn about this year's National Cherry Blossom Festival!

0 comments: