Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday Welcome: Claytime Studio

Each week I'm using Etsy's Pounce feature in order to discover new items "from undiscovered shops waiting for their first sale" as the Etsy site states. This week's welcome is extended to Claytime Studio of State College, PA. An added bonus to these elegant pieces is that the clay and glaze is food safe, microwave and dishwasher friendly. So they're not just pretty to display, but are made to be used! Each piece is decorated with a slip-trailed design. According to the artist, "this is an age old process by which liquid clay is trailed or squeezed onto the piece in fluid movements to create pleasing designs. The process creates a tactile relief effect that remains even after the final firing."
Here is a peek at a few of the items in the shop:



Personally, I'm just glad to see that something other than a crazed PSU fan can come out of State College!

1 comments:

free indeed said...

If you need another shop to showcase, my SIL opened a shop within the past month. She is legally blind and does crochet work. She has a great personality and upbeat spirit. The shop is Blind Bug. She didn't have any sales a few days ago when I checked...I hope that changes! I was the one that told her about Etsy. My brother did the research and they liked what they saw as to how it works...I'm just hoping they don't get discouraged too soon.