Tuesday, March 10, 2009

'Tis The Season?

Craft show season is upon us. As I've mentioned in the past; I am not a natural salesperson. So I am relieved that my one and only Spring show is done. Now I can enjoy shopping at craft shows! Even more exciting is the onset of garage sale season. I'm guessing that in other climates there are garage/yard/tag sales all year long, but here in northern Virginia we prefer to wait until early Spring so we can feel our hands when inspecting the merchandise.


I did enjoy meeting some very nice people at the craft show on Saturday, some were customers and others were vendors that I'll try to write about in the near future. The big news is that I was invited by the manager of a local shop to participate in a fun event this Thursday night. More on my role as I get the details, but the shop is called Blackberry's and it is located in Purcellville, VA. Thursday evening they are hosting an "Economic Relief Event" from 6:30 to 8:30pm. They'll have specials in the shop, prize drawings, live music, wine, and cheese. The wine featured is from Bluemont Vineyard and I'm excited to give it a try! The economic relief part of the fun is a cash-for-gold jewelry exchange. Should be interesting, I have heard people talk about getting real money at these events. I'll let you know how it goes although I'm not sure I have any jewelry of real value that I'd be willing to give up!
Stay tuned for more info...

0 comments: