Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Favorites: Steelers

I feel like a bit of a liar today, since I'm posting about football for my "Friday Favorites" blog feature this week. I don't really like football, I only tolerate it in order to live peacefully in my home. My husband is from a small town outside of Pittsburgh called North Apollo so he is one of those die-hard fans that remembers the Steel Curtain, has multiple terrible towels, has decorated our finished basement with Steelers lithographs and jerseys, and has a Steelers license plate holder and magnet on his car at all times. Not to mention his whole wardrobe! Our son, born and bred here in Virginia, seems to be a Steelers fan as well. Didn't see that coming, right? And not to be left in the dust by her big brother, our daughter occasionally dresses in black and gold and even wore one of her Steelers sweatshirts to school today. Good thing her 1st grade teacher is a Steelers fan too! Jessica also was a Steelers cheerleader for Halloween 2 years ago. We're hosting a Super Bowl party at our house on Sunday, so to help psych myself up into full Steelers Fan mode I'll make today's post about the team. Here goes:

This is one of the large ponytail holders I made a while back:










Too bad my hair doesn't lend itself to being styled in more than one way; I could whip up another one of these and sport my own ponytail. Maybe in my next life I'll have less of a frizzy pouf and can enjoy more styles.


Below are my fur babies, Slinky and Puff. Asleep on a Steelers blanket. The cats are the favorites here, but the blanket is nice to wrap up in too. We did get them in Pennsylvania, maybe they ARE Steelers fans. But then again they'll cuddle up with anything we leave on the ground.
"Awww, they're so cute. "(<--- That's your line)










This is Ben. Not Ben Roethlisberger, our son Ben. He was hamming it up last August at the Steelers training camp held at St. Vincent college in Latrobe, PA. Ben and my husband sure do take a lot of fun road trips together. Of course, they're all sports related. Jessica and I stay home and do girly things. Like make inedible treats in the easy bake oven. And play restaurant. And string beads. And watch the Disney channel... we need to get out more!

0 comments: