Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Columbus Day

The kids were home from school for the holiday today. Our son had a friend sleep over last night so he was tired and cranky today. Plus I had scheduled his yearly check-up at the doctor where it turned out he needed a booster shot that we were not expecting. Then to add insult to injury, I forced him to go to the Hair Cuttery for a long overdue trim. Once those errands were done, we collected his sister from her play date, went home, rounded up our 2 cats and hauled them to the vet for their annual check-ups. They both cried in their carriers for the entire 15 minute drive to the office. Two exams, four shots, and $224 later we were on our way home.
I am grateful that we can afford medical care for our kids and pets while so many people today are struggling to provide the basics.

"No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope or fear;
But, grateful, take the good I find,
The best of now and here."
--John Greenleaf Whittier

0 comments: