Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Favorites

I'm not a big fan of cold weather. Today was a breezy day in the mid 60's, and I had to put the heat on here at home. Once I feel chilled I stay that way for hours. I wander around the house in layers upon layers of clothes while everyone else in the family is comfortable in their t-shirts. Last December I made a smart purchase: fingerless gloves! Now my hands can stay warm while I type. I bought mine (on Etsy of course) from Cofygirl. They are charcoal gray with pretty flower and button embellishments. They are felted from an up-cycled merino wool sweater! Here's a peek:


Here are two others for your consideration: hand knit pink and white wool fingerless gloves by Secondseed of Rochester and handmade purple laced fingerless gloves made of wool and bamboo by Ohmay of San Francisco.


What will you do to keep warm as the temperatures drop? I'm looking forward to drinking hot chocolate in front of the fireplace in a month or two!

1 comments:

Cofygirl said...

I just found this. I'm honored! I'm so glad I was able to help keep you toasty! You so rock! *waves*