Monday, October 6, 2008

BEWARE: Newbie Blogger On The Loose!

I've been putting it off. I don't know why. I love to read other people's blogs. So maybe they'll enjoy reading mine? We'll see...

Here's a little about me:
My name is NOT Maggie Sue, it is Meredith! Maggie Sue is an old nickname.
I'm a former RN who left the workforce to be at home with our kids. I'm a mother of two and a wife of one.
I am self-taught at sewing and have developed quite a fabric addiction. One day a few years ago, around this time of year, I was preparing to buy Halloween costumes for the kids. I knew that if I could just sew a straight line like a hem at the bottom of some fabric, I could make at least part of a costume. Well, needless to say time got away from me and we bought costumes. But soon after that I did buy a cheap Singer sewing machine (under $100) and that is when it all started. A few months later, after getting a few compliments on a particular handbag that I had made for myself, I got started thinking about selling bags. And that is the basic story of how my shop came to exist in the fall of 2005. I joined Etsy.com in the Spring of 2006. I do occasionally have a booth at local shows, I'll be sure to blog about any upcoming events!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Good Luck with your new blog! You have a great start!